Buying skin care gifts for the natural beauty lover is no easy task. Most of the options on the shelf will not pass inspection as ‘natural;’ even if the products say they are natural, they sometimes have questionable ingredients; and even if you can find a good place to shop for natural products, it’s hard to decide which products will be the best gifts. To help you out this holiday season (or for any gift-giving occasion!) we’ve compiled a gift guide for natural skin care products.
Overall – What To Look For
When buying natural skin care products, the most important thing is to look at the list of ingredients. Many products may say they are natural, but upon deeper inspection, you find out they aren’t. It can go the other way too – even natural ingredients have scientific names that may make them sound unnatural. For example, did you know that ascorbic acid is vitamin C or that tocopherol is vitamin E? It’s very easy to become confused by the ingredients list.
A good natural skin care company will break down the ingredients for you into names that you will understand. While scientific terms are most accurate, they may also put the common name in parentheses, such as “Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A Ester).” This makes it easier to understand what is in the product and to evaluate ingredients.
When evaluating ingredients in natural skin care products, you also want to look for a focus botanical ingredients. Many natural products use essential oils from plants like lavender, almond, grape seed, coconut and more. Another growing trend is the use of marine ingredients such as algae and seaweed.
Natural Skin Care Gift Guide
Now that we’ve covered the basics of buying natural skin care products, let’s talk about the hottest skin care gifts for the natural beauty lover.
Proper skin care requires a consistent daily routine that pampers and rejuvenates the skin. It is this basic upkeep (not some magical formula) that keeps skin looking beautiful year round. Although it may be tempting to buy that ‘off the wall’ skin care product as a gift, contributing to your loved one’s daily skin care routine shows that you understand how important natural products are in their day-to-day life.
With cleansers, you also want to choose something that will be good year round. Some formulas are harsh and can be inappropriate for certain conditions (such as the harsh months of winter). A best-bet is to choose an oil-based cleanser that will keep the skin soft and supple all year round.
- Natural Ocean Body Scrub is a great all-around bath or shower cleanser. It contains coral powder and Dead Sea salt that will exfoliate as well as essential oils to provide moisture.
- The face can also benefit from gentle exfoliation, and for that we recommend Natural Facial Scrub. This product exfoliates without causing irritation to the sensitive skin of the face, and is also packed with antioxidants and nutrients.
- For a gentle, daily facial cleanser, the natural beauty lover in your life will love Facial Oil Wash. It’s perfect for removing dirt and makeup, it gives your skin a boost with antioxidants and vitamins, and it is gentle enough to use every day.
Serums are one of the latest breakthroughs in skin care products, and they are a gift that any natural beauty lover will enjoy. The thing about serums is that they pack all the nutrients your skin needs in a small package. Literally – serums are typically packaged in small jars with a dropper cap. A few drops will get the job done, and a 1 oz. bottle goes a long way.
There are many natural serums available. You can find serums created with a variety of ingredients, and serums that focus on a number of issues.
- Sea Serum is a special serum made from natural marine botanicals. The two main ingredients – Dunaliella salina and Sea Whip – are marine ingredients that help to neutralize free radicals and reduce inflammation.
- Anti-Aging Facial Serum is a special formula designed to fight the signs of aging and replenish your skin with the nutrients it needs to give you a healthy glow.
A final gift idea for people who love natural skin care products is the gift of body oils. Body oils are the perfect after-bath product that fights against moisture loss and dry skin. Using natural essential oils, these products can moisturize without leaving a greasy feel.
Body oils are a nice gift because they are also versatile. In addition to being used after the shower or bath, they can also be used as a bath oil, after shaving, after sun exposure, and as a massage oil.
- Ocean Body Oil is a perfect all around oil to use in a variety of ways. It helps repair the skin barrier, reduces inflammation and rejuvenates skin against damage from the sun and other environmental factors.
- Massage Gel allows you to create a spa-like experience at home. It can be used as a massage oil or an after-bath product. It is loaded in vitamin E to nourish your skin from the outside in.
Natural skin care gifts are a perfect way to show your loved one that you care. If you’re shopping for a natural beauty lover this season, try out these suggestions to find a gift they’re sure to love.